Friday, November 6, 2015

Johnny Appleseed's Return

He got a slight makeover after hanging in the garage since 2004...
Added more detail to his face and chest.  Felt good to bring him out this year.

I imagined the man who built the human scarecrows in my Haunt this year had a great-granddaddy who handed down his dark ways.  And he took credit for building a scarecrow on his property.  A scarecrow which my guy inherited and proudly displays each year.  Now no one has confirmed that Appleseed was really built by this man's great-grandfather, and some folks claimed it was around way longer than that.





11 comments:

Goneferalinidaho said...

He's a favorite of mine. So creepy.

Ragged Grin said...

As perfect as ever. Love this guy.

Holy Tarra said...

I love this guy! I think he is one of the scariest props you have ever done.

Willow Cove said...

Nice to see him again. And I like the background story on him. "The scarecrow told me to do it!"

girl6 said...

Welcome Home Johnny!!..<3

The Creeping Cruds said...

Years ago I bought a painting of this guy. Hangs in my kitchen now. So cool to see he's back!

Gourdin Fester said...

Not sure how much more perfect it gets- pleased and surprised to see a "2015" after his name

Heather said...

I just want your garage! :P

Mistress Malicious said...

Oh, this warms my haunted heart. So wonderful to see him again.

The Gill-Man said...

Definitely good to see him back! You did just the right amount of "updating". He retains his original spooky atmosphere, but is now on par with your more recent works. Fantastic job!

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Good to see him again. I have a picture/drawing of that hanging in our shop :)

Cheers!