Tuesday, December 21, 2021

What The Internet Did To Garfield

In the age of short video clips and shorter attention spans, it's really nice to see a youtube video that spans an hour and twenty minutes which has 1.4 million views (so you KNOW it has to be pretty captivating).  

The video explores internet art devoted to the Garfield comic strip, as it reveals the truth about the strip itself.  I found myself in a state of incredulousness as I watched.  I wanted it all to be lies.  I wanted Garfield to ONLY be a lasagna-loving ornery (yet loving) orange cat who appreciated his owner, even if he never said it much.  What I got was the ugly truth (and loads of amazing [and disturbing] fan art).

Click below to see what I mean...



Thanks, K.O.!

4 comments:

Undeadpumpkinbread said...

This post reminded me of a book I was obsessed with as a kid, “Garfield: His 9 Lives”. One of my favorite versions was, Primal Garfield, which I learned, scarred a lot of kids, while trying look this book up. Lame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garfield:_His_9_Lives

I definitely need another copy.

Rot said...

https://youtu.be/mMz-2oUDSas

dear god, jim davis is 76 years old now.

Undeadpumpkinbread said...

Haha! That was adorable. But, I was also ready to come out of my skin, over the jelly smeared fabric. 😬

I can’t hardly believe it! You don’t think about some people aging, and then it happens in an instant.

Rot said...

Yeah, I was SOOO bothered by the filthy costume.