Friday, December 10, 2021

Now Watching: It's Me, Billy: A Black Christmas Fan Film

Huge fan of Dave McRae here.  Also an enormous fan of the 1974 film Black Christmas.  I'm always so weary of fan films, but this guy made something that was exceptionally respectful to the source material, and it didn't detract from my beloved film at all.  It's Me, Billy is such a fun and incredibly well-made sequel.  

Click below to watch (recommend watching the original film first, but it's definitely not required) ...

All fan films should be like this.



7 comments:

Sara said...

I’m so glad I found Dave years ago. His opinions on horror and the film making industry are refreshing and this film was so fun!!

Rot said...

And I'm grateful you made me aware of him!
He has been such a source of interesting information and many MANY laughs.

Sara said...

Gum chewing attitude for sure.

Rot said...

haha. Oh, he's gotz it (world class GCA for sure). Totally.

The Gill-Man said...

Okay, not gonna lie...I was REALLY skeptical of this, as Black Christmas 74 is one of my favorite movies ever, but that was fantastic! I'd really love to see this expanded into a full feature.

Caffeinated Joe said...

Quite good for a fan film! And an interesting "what if" type tale of what Billy could be up to today. Happy 2022!

Rot said...

Agree!
And Happy New Year!