Friday, June 17, 2022

Dandelion Wine

There are occasions...  and then there are occasions...  for Dandelion Wine.  And unlike a lot of places, the Maple River Winery uses nothing but dandelions for this amazing wine.  I tried some two years ago and it was really terrific.  Unlike any wine I had ever tasted.  I dare not even compare it to a Riesling like a lot of reviews do.  It's its own thing.  Sweet and almost nutty.  You KNOW you aren't drinking fermented grapes.


If there were a favorable usage for the word earthy, it would apply here.  I'll admit that Bradbury's 1957 novel has probably made my review pretty subjective, but I stand by my recommendation.  This is amazing wine.  And the first time I tasted it, I was sitting on the porch on an extremely hot day, listening to cicadas.  Now I know Bradbury's characters saved their dandelion wine for the non-summer months.  To capture Summer literally in a bottle.  But I can't think of a better time to drink a chilled glass of this stuff...  it has to be hot and humid.  And there must be summer bugs doing their thing.


2 comments:

Lady M said...

I'm Intrigued - it looks delicious.

Rot said...

The shipping on this is pretty steep so definitely check your local places. Back when I was looking, it was definitely available in some states in the larger booze chains.