Thursday, November 16, 2023

Haunted Overload: Nighttime

When the sun sets on Haunted Overload, the transformation is otherworldly.  Gone is the carpet of bright leaves and daytime detail of much of the landscape within those tall, wooden, and pointy walls.  Long cold shadows creep out and spread over the haunted attraction, turning it into a place of massive dark shapes, flickering jack o'lanterns, and high-pitched shrieks.  It's all blanketed by a heavy fog flowing through in slow dense patches, hiding lurking creatures and chainsaws waiting to roar up the path behind you. 


Haunted Overload really is one of those bucket list places you hear about.  I can't think of anything else like it.  And to experience it in person, in both daylight and darkness, was an unforgettable part of this Halloween season.  My highest recommendation to put this on your bucket list, and to check it off as soon as possible.

Below are some of the photos we took...
















4 comments:

MR. Macabre said...

This place is unbelievable, nothing else compares to the location they're in, you're in a haunted forest. The level of execution and detail are amazing, along with all those lit JOL's. I'd definitely love to see this place in person, maybe someday.
It's the BEST haunted attraction I've ever seen.

Karen said...

I've been going to Haunted Overload for the past few years - it's five minutes from where I grew up so I get to combine a family visit with one of the best haunts in the country.

Holy Tarra said...

It's definitely on my bucket list to see this attraction in person. And I think haunts are always scariest when your out in the middle of a forest. I'm wondering what's in the middle of the blue light surrounded by all of the jackos.....

Rot said...

I can’t remember! Haha but I think that was the facade of the skull castle.