Saturday, November 18, 2023

Jackman's End 2023

Tending to and curating for one of the few Halloween blogs remaining is a neat duty.  When the Autumn season comes around, I feel especially lucky to be at the helm.  Words can't express how much I love featuring my favorite Haunts.  So many talented folks out there turning their homes into haunted places... making Halloween special.  Making sure children find themselves thinking of that one house on that one block throughout the year.  

I feel particularly lucky to be the guy who gets to host the beautiful Halloween display of my friend Holy Tarra.  Her Jackman's End is always pure magic.  It feels like a fully functioning Other World, where the viewer is the only one left out of a great secret.  Where a story is being told, and a Darkness is unfolding.  Where creatures are enduring our presence, and ignoring us... because it's Halloween, and on this one night a year, they execute extreme levels of tolerance.  

This year tells a tale of death, corpses, and revived spirits.  And it feels as though, at the stroke of midnight on Halloween, it would all disappear in a wisp of fog and shadows.

































10 comments:

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Stellar Haunt!! I love all the lighting and distressed ghouls!

Holy Tarra said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful post, Rot. It is still such a thrill for me to get to
be a part of this every year! Thank you for being a continuous source of inspiration and support.

Rot said...

You know it’s all my selfish pleasure! Haha

Revenant Manor said...

Haunting, beautiful, and immersive; an annual treat, to be sure.

It all seems like a Halloween dreamscape...one of deep mystery populated by inscrutable beings with grim intentions lurking among the dangerous shadows and twisted textures.

Lovely.

Holy Tarra said...


Thanks guys!! :)

MR. Macabre said...

This place is both beautiful and haunting, I love it. How in the world did you create your apparition in white? Very well done.

Jenna said...

What an epic and expansive haunt...especially your props. They are beautifully dark and spooky :)

Scarecrow Atelier said...

Yes, I would feel really comfortable here as a visitor. Great atmosphere with beautiful lighting. And a lot of details that I would greatly admire and study. Damn, I definitely live on the wrong continent. My greatest respect to the artist.

Holy Tarra said...

Wow! Thanks guys! This was a really difficult year for me...wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to get anything up and got such a late start. Had to rely on a lot of "smoke and mirrors" to pull it together.

Mr. Macabre... I had the good fortune to snag a transparent bust/partial mannequin at the Spirit clearance sale a few years ago.....dressed in a horrible cheap costume and rigged with blue lights inside of her that were not really suited to create the correct illusion. I stripped her down to just the form and then draped her with plastic drop cloth. Used led puck lights inside her torso set on cool white.

Ragged Grin said...

Man, never ceases to amaze. Absolutely gorgeous, spooky, breathtaking haunt. Playing at a level most of us can only dream of.