There it is—your autumnal porch decor. For me, it signals the start of the Halloween season every year.
It also marks the beginning of the restlessness and self-doubt: Am I well prepared? Did I think of everything? How can I best showcase the scene? How will people react to what I’ve built? And so on.
But I suppose that’s all part of it. And I still love it so much.
I wish you a fantastic start to autumn and "spooky season."
They look fantastic on your porch! You sure have a knack for how many and how to arrange them. I grew ornamental corn this year (albeit very late) and have just started harvesting the ears. The stalks are still green and some are close to 10 feet high. I'm going to try to let them dry naturally in place for a couple of weeks. Or do you think I should pick them now and dry them somewhere that's protected? Thank you for sharing this integral step in decorating for Halloween!
I'd be so worried about critters getting to it. Maybe harvest a bunch and leave some to naturally dry... I would definitely harvest some and put in a dry safe place!
16 comments:
Very cool, this is definitely my favorite time of year.
There it is—your autumnal porch decor. For me, it signals the start of the Halloween season every year.
It also marks the beginning of the restlessness and self-doubt:
Am I well prepared?
Did I think of everything?
How can I best showcase the scene?
How will people react to what I’ve built? And so on.
But I suppose that’s all part of it.
And I still love it so much.
I wish you a fantastic start to autumn and "spooky season."
And don't lose your head. 😉
I love your cornstalks. They look so homey and cozy, like a farmhouse out of a Ray Bradbury novel.
The neighborhood kids must get such a pit-in-the-stomach thrill out of that harbinger of the season!
I can't believe I'll have the first lights up in under a week...it's crazy how it's moving now.
🎵 It's beginning to look a lot like Halloween everywhere you go! 🎵
Thanks!
All of those same thoughts here!
Aw, thank you!
Crazy fast!
Haha perfect
Those look great. Wish I could source these for a reasonable price near me, but I’m having to painstakingly make my own stalks.
I feel you. It’s one of my highest expenses every year. The cost keeps going up.
They look fantastic on your porch! You sure have a knack for how many and how to arrange them. I grew ornamental corn this year (albeit very late) and have just started harvesting the ears. The stalks are still green and some are close to 10 feet high. I'm going to try to let them dry naturally in place for a couple of weeks. Or do you think I should pick them now and dry them somewhere that's protected? Thank you for sharing this integral step in decorating for Halloween!
I'd be so worried about critters getting to it. Maybe harvest a bunch and leave some to naturally dry... I would definitely harvest some and put in a dry safe place!
Good idea...thank you. I'll leave what is still standing...it's windy today and several have already gone over.
LoVe 🖤
Post a Comment