Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spacemusic

From Wiki:
Space music, also spelled spacemusic, is an umbrella term, synonymous with a
segment of New Age Music and Ambient Music, used to describe music that evokes a feeling of contemplative spaciousness.

There's a local radio program which is an ambient music fan's dream come true.

STAR'S END, hosted by Chuck van Zyl, broadcasts live weekly beginning at 1:00am on Saturday night until 6:00am Sunday morning (USA Eastern Time Zone). Originating from WXPN, Non-commercial Radio from the University of Pennsylvania, STAR'S END has occupied this time slot since its inception back in 1976 making it one of the longest running radio programs of Ambient/Space music in the world.
starsend.org
xpn.org

I'm rarely awake to listen to the program, but I remember many nights during my college years where we listened to this on late night car rides.

Here's my attempt at capturing what the program is like:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a show I used to catch early saturday mornings around 3 or 4 o'clock named "Echos". Not sure if it is still on air or not.

Rot said...

Echoes is still on xpn.
I used to listen to that too.