Friday, September 4, 2015

Macabre

This kind of photo brings me back to being a kid on Halloween.
I think I was a sheepish trick-or-treater...  like I wouldn't have walked up to this porch and gone over to the coffin to appreciate the detail.  I would have been a little nervous, and would have sorta glanced over at it for a moment before rushing quickly back down to the sidewalk.  I see a lot of kids doing that each year.  Not sure what that is exactly.  Maybe it's how a reserved person handles the macabre?  Maybe it's that programming where you aren't supposed to stare at things that aren't "normal."  I dunno.

Makes me wish I would've stared a little more.  But I'm staring now, so I've definitely made up for lost time.
























Image by Shona Skye.

9 comments:

SPOOKSHOWS.COM said...

I did the same thing, I think it was from the fear that "scary older teenagers" might jump out of the coffin or whatever the setup was.

Mark Faucett said...

If you ignore it, it can't hurt you? i see parents with their children doing the same thing.

Anonymous said...

I know I would of been keeping an eye on it to make sure it didn't move while I was getting my candy.

Not like "staring" right at it, but more like watching out of the corner of my eye. If it moved an inch, I would of been hauling butt out of there.

Willow Cove said...

Aw Man, I would have fallen back in the group of kids I went with and prayed it got someone else.

Ragged Grin said...

Likewise.

Now however, eyes wide open

Mr Black said...

I was the same. I did however sneak up on a werewolf that was hiding in the bushes and stab him in the butt with my pitchfork one year. He was startled by a six year old devil.

Juli Riedel said...

I like the simplicity of the look! I would of run back down the sidewalk!

delores delruby said...

I know that house and the amazing people who live there. They have a really fun Halloween spirit all year.

Waterdragun said...

LOVE this and the wonderful folks who did it!!