Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Mr. Torrance

So on Halloween night, a cluster of kids comes up to the porch.  I'm handing out my top-shelf candy and I notice that a kid at the back of the small line is holding a white square with a jagged cut-out in the center of it.  When he gets to the door (and the top-shelf candy bowl I'm holding), he raises the square to his face and looks through the jagged hole.  He's holding an axe and a pillowcase with the other hand. 

Jack Torrance says "Trick-or-Treat!"

Behind me, on the TV, is THE SHINING.  I excitedly shout "DUDE!  This is an AMAZING costume!  LOOK!  The Shining is on the TV right now!"  The kid looks more excited than I do and says "No it isn't!  IS IT?!" and looks in and sees it playing behind me and adds "It's my favorite movie!"

He got more top-shelf candy than the others.




8 comments:

Willow Cove said...

Nice.
I love how moments like that just unfold.

That kid iIS and has AlWAYS been the caretaker....

Rot said...

haha..totally.
i'm not good with guessing age, but he was probably about twelve?.. and The Shining was his favorite movie? awesome

Sara said...

Haha! That's pretty darn cool.

And one can NEVER have too many Smarties, right???

Jeannine520 said...

That's great! Good job of the parents for letting their kid watch it.

Adam said...

All the Snickers and Reese's for you buddy

girl6 said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Cool man..you got your VERY own.."here's Johnny"...moment. hahahaha
Lucky doggie!!!

Primwitch69 said...

Don’t you love how that unfolded?! So cool.

Evil Vines Cemetery said...

Seriously?! That is a fantastic coincidence! What a fun memory. Hope you see him again next Halloween!