Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Guanajuato

A piece from MANY years ago with memories of Guanajuato. I once stumbled across a carnival at night that went on for a few city blocks while traveling in Guanajuato, Mexico. There were lots of white lights and white rides and white game stands and pure happiness. It was enchanting. When I went to seek it out the next morning, it was completely gone with no trace- no flyers, no confetti on the ground- no signs of any kind of event; like it never existed. I wandered around the general area thinking I was lost for not locating it. When I asked a man at a corner store if there had been a carnival around here, he said with a twinkle in his eye, “Ahhh, lo que usted tuvo fue una iluminaciĆ³n.” - What you experienced was an illumination.

-Rhode Montijo























3 comments:

VenomStorm said...

Freaking awesome. I kinda like to think of Halloween night displays this way. I really try to get it all away late that night so its all gone like magic in the morning.

Revenant Manor said...

This description conjured similar feelings for me that reading 'The Night Circus' did.

For anyone that may not have read it yet; if you find the notion of a magical carnival / circus unpredictably manifesting and then simply disappearing without a trace magical and compelling, I highly recommend checking it out. ☺

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Very intriguing! I love the thought of the mystery!