Tuesday, June 4, 2019

The Modern Prometheus

I had worked hard for nearly two years, for the sole purpose of infusing life into an inanimate body. For this I had deprived myself of rest and health. I had desired it with an ardour that far exceeded moderation; but now that I had finished, the beauty of the dream vanished, and breathless horror and disgust filled my heart. Unable to endure the aspect of the being I had created, I rushed out of the room and continued a long time traversing my bed-chamber, unable to compose my mind to sleep.

Mary Shelley


7 comments:

OffwhiteKnight said...

This was for the entrance to the Hall of Shadows for MidSummer Scream. It was done by CalHauntS; the coolest thing about the entire display we did, which included a lab scene and a castle, was that it was all done in black and white and shades of gray. The entire thing, even the actors working it.

Rot said...

sounds amazing!

Love this prop.

Sara said...

Epic Home Haunts for the Win!

Willow Cove said...

This is amazing! One day(year) has would Love to a Frankenstein haunt...

Evil Vines Cemetery said...

Oh my, seeing a whole scene in B&W would be fantastic! I'd love to see more pictures from that.

OffwhiteKnight said...

This video from Parks & Cons gives you an idea of what it looked like live. Notice the occasional pops of color (and Josh from Epic Home Haunts passing out posters right away the beginning). Proud to have played a small part in this. https://youtu.be/3B_kkZ_u6hI

Evil Vines Cemetery said...

Thanks for that link OffwhiteKnight! The actors in black and white look really cool!