Friday, October 7, 2022

Trick 'R Treat

Had the great pleasure of seeing Trick 'r Treat on the big screen last night.  Was so much fun to finally see it as it was initially intended - BIG.  So many details were now very visible, and even something like the shiny pelts of the Werewolves were just popping on the screen.  And seeing The Halloween School Bus Massacre large-scale was something that I never thought I would experience.  It was so loud and so crisp that the film took on a delightfully cruel element.  As the movie is definitely a tad brutal.  And I think with repeated viewings I forgot that it was truly a HORROR movie.  Irreverent, harsh, and off-color... and hilarious.  And sweet.
If it's in your town, I would highly recommend a viewing.  My theater was charging eight clams per ticket.  That's a crazy great bargain for such an experience.

On the way home I spotted a house I've passed for years with its faux cemetery up for the Halloween season.  Each year I would think to myself "This is the year I pull over and get photos."  And each year I'd tell myself I'll get it next time.  Well, this year I pulled over under a glowing October moon and took some photos.  A perfect way to end the Trick 'r Treat outing.  




12 comments:

Willow Cove said...

Oh Wow! Fantastic lighting on that cemetery!

Rot said...

Yeah! I was loving life ...I wanted to go into the cemetery, but that felt like trespassing too much.

Lady M said...

Sounds like you had a great evening. I unfortunately have trouble finding anyone who want to view a brutal movie with me but I will keep searching.

Rot said...

It's not THAT brutal! haha

I said it was 'sweet' too!

K.O. said...

That sounds like a PERFECT evening!! I hope I get to catch Trick R Treat in theaters this month. Can't imagine how great it'd be to see it on the big screen. And that yard display is primo!!

Wren said...

I can't believe those photos!!! So bummed TrT isnt playing near me. Glad you had a good time!

Rot said...

You gotta see it! haha

MR. Macabre said...

I'll have to check our local theaters and see if anyone's showing it. Sounds like you had quite the night out.

Caffeinated Joe said...

Got to see it on the big screen, too! So cool, also was noticing lots of little things, like at the quarry, the parade and in Krieg's house. So much fun. Tonight is the original Halloween on the big screen!

girl6 said...

You had such a Magical night! That's the BEST that you got to view one of your Fave movies on the BIG screen. We're going to catch Halloween 1978 tonight at the Prince Theater. We also grabbed tkts for Fright Night & Rosemary's Baby. Considering a few others too. Gotta take advantage of these treats when you can!

MR. Macabre said...

Our local theaters aren't showing it, this sucks.

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Very cool, I need to see if my local theater is showing it.