Thursday, April 27, 2023

Mummy Mouse Update

Way back in 2009, I blogged about a little mummified mouse that was resting above an electrical panel at the end of a hallway where I worked.  You can read the entry here.

At that point in time, the mouse had been there for as long as some old timers in the building could remember.  The mummy mouse had survived multiple refurbishings and repaintings.  And grossed-out spectators.

I no longer work in that building, but a friend of mine who does texted me the below photo a few days ago.  Covered in dust, and looking like he/she is sleeping, the mummy mouse's remains remain.  And hopefully they'll remain as long as that building is standing.  





8 comments:

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Wow!! Been there a spell, literally

Rot said...

Haha totally

Lady M said...

I guess it's an office mascot at this stage.

Rot said...

Haha definitely

K.O. said...

I remember that original mouse post!! Very awesome to read an update over a decade later. :)

Rot said...

Crazy, right?

Haunted Eve said...

I think it's very touching that you've written posts about the mummified mouse. That mouse is remembered and mourned. I myself when driving can't help but mourn and have sympathy for the poor critters I see that didn't make it safely across the road.

Rot said...

I'll be sure to have my friend check in on this little guy.