Friday, April 7, 2023

We Have A Ghost

Haven't really checked any reviews of this Netflix movie, and I don't think I'm going to.  This film dusted off feelings I forgot about.  Feelings I haven't felt since the 80's while watching a Spielberg film.  

We Have A Ghost looked really interesting and fun when I first watched the trailer, and I was PRAYING it'd be something special.  Thankfully it delivered and gave me a nice dose of movie magic.  Loved the cast and the story.  The score by Bear McCreary was definitely channeling film scores from the 80's, but not in a heavy-handed way.  

I can't think of many modern films where I didn't want my money and my time back, so I'm going to savor this for a while.

Click below for a really nice track from the film score.


11 comments:

Scarecrow Atelier said...

Well then, I'll watch the film tonight. I've pretty much lowered my expectations of today's films. Too often a totally predictable plot was made from an initially good idea. And if you can't think of anything else, you'll be annoyed with a jump scare every 2 minutes. And yet every now and then there is a newcomer who swims against the tide. I watch them all alone and I'm glad that nobody interrupts me and the atmosphere is messed up. Haha

Rot said...

Hope you dig it!

Wednesday said...

Sounds right up my alley. Too bad I cancelled Netflix. I got tired of them cancelling everything I liked after 1 season...sigh.

Revenant Manor said...

Funny timing for this...I have been putting it off for no good reason, but finally have it on-deck for tonight.

Landon's done some interesting stuff, and isn't at all afraid to mix genre and tone in unconventional ways. Plus, I just plain like both David Harbour and Anthony Mackie quite a bit.

I've got my fingers crossed!

Rot said...

Hope I didn’t oversell it!

girl6 said...

i just looked this up & was so happy to see Christopher Landon (Michael Landon's son) is both writer & director. He is so talented. He wrote most of the "Paranormal Activity" films & also directed "The Marked Ones" which is my favorite in the series. He also wrote "Disturbia" which is such a wonderful modern day homage to "Rear Window". He also wrote & directed "Happy Death Day" & "Freaky". Both which are really good comedy/horror. i will definitely check this out!

Scarecrow Atelier said...

Well I just finished watching it and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. A well thought out story with emotion and fun elements in just the right places. And the soundtrack definitely helps make it work so well for me.

Rot said...

Girl6, I’m glad you mentioned that as I totally (somehow) missed that about Landis. I dig it even more now.

Rot said...

And that’s really great, S.A. : )

Evil Vines Cemetery said...

I thought it was a fun Friday night movie. Even the husband enjoyed it. He tires of my spooky movie requests ;) I consider it a successful pick. And I will keep the score playing as I peruse more of the blog. It's quite nice!

Rot said...

That's really cool. I'm glad you dug it.