Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Beyond Thunderdome

Posting the original song here as a tribute to Tina Turner.  I saw this film back when it came out.  Sitting in that theater in the 80's and seeing this insanely cool lady in her post-apocalyptic chainmail punk attire was quite the neat treat.  She was crazy cool in that film.  A presence for sure.


I grew up in a house where my parents played her records.  They would often praise her for breaking free from Ike. I didn't fully grasp what they meant, but I could tell they respected this woman very much.  In fact, when the movie came out, my mother took my brother and I because she wanted to see Tina Turner in a movie.  Beyond Thunderdome was an amazing film, so we all left pretty pleased.  1985 was a really great year.

Rest in peace, Ms. Turner.  

Click below...


1 comments:

Autumnleaf said...

Totally agree. I had the same experience when seeing this back in the eighties (though my parents did not play her music so much). I wish that I had appreciated her more. Finding out that she called Zurich her home and was into Buddhism really raised my admiration that much more. She really learned how to focus her energy on her music career after overcoming the earlier tribulations.
Thanks for posting the video link. Brought back some really cool memories.