Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Halloween Residue

I've posted pics from this photographer in the past (multiple times I believe), but I didn't notice this one before. I pasted the caption that accompanied the photo below.

Well after 1 am I headed out to bask in the afterglow of Halloween. The wind was just right. Leaves were falling and all was still in my neighborhood. Earlier tonight, when I was on my way home from work I found a little table outside one of the apartments in my building. It had a bowl of candy, all kinds, and a note which said to take a few pieces. So, even though I had worked all night I took a few pieces away with me, some Smarties and some Nerds. It was almost like a sacrament for me. I knew I was making those people happy by taking some, even though they were most likely asleep by that time as all the lights were off in their apartment. Later, after I was home I set out again and stole through the night, noting all the homes, the Halloween decorations still standing which most likely will be gone in a day or two. All was still and peaceful. I always love walking at night, but especially on Halloween.

Image source.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can totally identify with this. It's long been a tradition of mine... to go on the midnight/1am walk on Halloween night. I usually grab a black cloak and head out into the night. It makes me smile to see jack-o-lanterns still lit, and just listen to the quiet breeze. All is still and silent. It's magic.

crudedoodle.com said...

you haunter people are cool. i've never even thought of doing this. I might do that this year!

Jon Glassett said...

This year, after the candles go out, I'll be taking to the streets with my camera.