Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Nightmares & A New Year

As a haunter, I understand that it's rather common to have Halloween nightmares throughout the year. I've had my share of dreams where I'm running around as the sun is setting on Halloween and I don't have a single prop set up yet. I'm always panicking and trying to debate if I should just scrap the whole thing. Usually it ends with me in the middle of the front lawn trying to set up a prop as kids are starting to come up for candy.

I had one last night. It was late on Halloween and I was running around accusing everyone in sight of stealing my acrylic paints. I had a bunch of props that needed to be painted before they could be set up. I panicked and started to run down the street towards a super market a few blocks away. I remember kids coming out of their houses and I do believe I was close to tears. Stupid dream.

Happy New Year.

[GREAT] Image source.

8 comments:

Grim said...

If I never again have that first dream you described, I'll be a very happy person. I've had that one quite a few times.

That second one was funny... I wonder what somebody wanted with all that paint?

Rot said...

Sabotage for sure.

crudedoodle.com said...

you can have all the paint you want in the loony bin.

Civ said...

I have those dreams too.. Get them around the summer time.I forget it's Halloween and its getting dark.I scramble to pull things down from the attic as the last trick o treater comes around. But too late..yikes what a nightmare...

JHMDF said...

Well 09 should be a great year for Haunting....I will be going to my first haunters convention at the end of April, going to build a couple of big props, and get a couple of props from the shoppe.

Jon Glassett said...

Happy New Year!

EmphaticReprieve said...

Did you look like Adam de la Pena?

Rot said...

haha
i think i DID