Thursday, September 15, 2022

Not Missing Take Your Child To Work Day

Was thinking of that April event the other day and found myself smiling.  This post-COVID world of mostly telework/work-from-home...  Lord, how I hated kids running around at the office.  Felt like I was in a prison bus stopped at a red light next to a daycare center.  A brief glimpse of small happy human beings.  Unaware they were in for the same fate of office/work life (assumption).  And for me personally, it was an extra special day, as they liked to flock at Uncle Chester's desk to make me irritated and loud.  And theatrical.  They MADE me.






7 comments:

Jen said...

“a prison bus stopped at a red light next to a daycare center“ jaja

Rot said...

I'll be sure to post an appropriate blog entry come the actual "holiday"...

Lady M said...

Uncle Chester - why who is he? I like having kids around sometime. I like to here them laugh. I like to play with them. I also like quiet so they need to leave and give me alone time.

Rot said...

haha ...he's me!

Sean said...

I only like kids on October 31st. When they come up and say trick or treat its a full-on trick every time and then a treat.

MR. Macabre said...

It gets better when you have grandkids, our evenings remind us of how much time and energy it takes to raise a child. We did our time, now it's their turn.

Mr. Macabre

Willow Cove said...

Have you ever seen a foot with four toes? - Creed, The Office