Monday, June 12, 2023

Writer, Poet, Editor, Critic, and Philadelphian

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

- Edgar Allan Poe

We took a trip into Philadelphia to visit the Edgar Allan Poe National Historic Site.  He resided in multiple locations in the city, though this is the only one that is still standing.  If you're ever in the city, I'd highly recommend a trip there.  The surrounding area is really nice as well and within walking distance of some terrific bars and restaurants.





















Very odd to find a smashed pumpkin in the streets of Philadelphia, but we took it as a good omen.



Here's our bounty of the day...


5 comments:

Lady M said...

I knew there would be drinks somewhere in that post. Is the I-95 collapse affecting you much?

Rot said...

We took that exit the day before the accident to get home. It isn't affecting me much now though, but I know a few people who are miserable about this.

MR. Macabre said...

Very cool, this place is on my bucket list to hopefully visit one day, along with the E.A. Poe museum and his gravesite in Baltimore, as well as Salem, MA.. Providence, R.I. is also on my list to visit H.P. Lovecraft's grave.
Does this make me look like a freak?

Rot said...

Absolutely NOT!

Evil Vines Cemetery said...

Neat visit! I love that brick floored cellar.