Thursday, October 26, 2023

Some Autumn Music

Falling Leaves, by Glenn Miller.

The trees in these parts are finally glowing yellow, orange, and red.  We drove around last night finding curb leaf piles for the Haunt since the trees around here are holding on to them for the time being.  I often wonder what a homeowner thinks when they see a stranger raking their leaves or "stealing" their curb leaf pile.  I'm pretty sure this would cause me some anxiety.  No one has ever questioned me though, so I'll never get to use my planned reply "Don't worry, I will return them after Halloween."

Click below...


5 comments:

Otaku said...

I used to do the exact same thing, Rot! I didn't have trees in my front yard, so I scoured the neighborhood gathering leaves. I finally learned that a co-worker had a huge maple in her yard, and every year she would bag the leaves and give them to me for the graveyard. Big, fragrant leaves.

Rot said...

Hilarious as I had a coworker that would do the same!

Revenant Manor said...

The leaves have finally begun to fall like rain around here, but definitely late.

Funnily enough, we've been crowdsourcing the cemetery leaves for the last couple of weeks due to some offhand comments about the stubborn behavior being exhibited by our local trees.

As a result, we started getting text messages from folks in the neighborhood offering to help by donating their bags, and of course we accepted.

Modern haunting around here now includes texting, and communal leaf gathering...it's been fun.

Rot said...

Haha that’s wonderful!

MR. Macabre said...

I had to save some extra leaves to use on Halloween night at our place, we had 9 deciduous trees in our front and back yards. Most of them were gone by then.
I did go back to our local pumpkin patch on several occasions to grab some of the dead pumpkin vines for my cemetery/pumpkin patch.
They always told me to help myself, they were just going to be plowed under the very next day.
Good times.