Monday, August 18, 2014

Ezekiel 37:7

I prophesied just as I’d been commanded. As I prophesied, there was a sound and, oh, rustling! The bones moved and came together, bone to bone. I kept watching. Sinews formed, then muscles on the bones, then skin stretched over them. But they had no breath in them. 

He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath. Prophesy, son of man. Tell the breath, ‘God the Master, says, Come from the four winds. Come, breath. Breathe on these slain bodies. Breathe life!’” 

So I prophesied, just as he commanded me. The breath entered them and they came alive! They stood up on their feet, a huge army. 

Image by RTV Oost.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be awesome if I could do that. My own zombie hoard army.

Countess VonRauber (Heidi) said...

Biblical creepiness!

Sara said...

So when I saw this post earlier I thought, "Now that's a stretch for the Bible....." and then this morning we were reading today's Mass readings and lo and behold, LOL. This was the reading. Albeit a bit tamer(not much), but it's the verses. ;)

And then my husband informed me that the song, "Them Bones" or whatever it's called is from this passage.

Ya learn something new every day!

Rot said...

I had no idea.
Very cool.