Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Now Playing: Summertime

By Sidney Bechet.  


Rain's been scarce in these parts.  Seems every big storm splits in half and avoids this area completely.  Watered the garden tonight as not to feel like a plant murderer.  Humid like Vietnam out there, and the mosquitos are so plentiful that there was a point when I just stopped swatting and let them feed.

I hope they get stuck in spider webs and the local spider population develops an insatiable taste for human blood.

Click below for a perfect summer song...

6 comments:

Autumnleaf said...

LOVE your garden, Rot! It's sweet and hauntingly wild. I guess cone flowers are pretty popular in the east. I just got my black nasturtium seeds and can't wait to get them into dirt. Any pumpkin vines wondering through this year? And 'Summertime'...perfection.

Rot said...

Unfortunately, no pumpkins. And cone flowers are very popular in these parts. I’m glad you dig the garden. I’ll definitely take some new photos soon.

Wren said...

Perfect wild garden shot :)

Rot said...

Thanks! Def have some neat ones out there this year that I never had before.

Tjalgahorn said...

Last two sentences sound like they're straight out of Begging For Candy haha.

Rot said...

Haha