Friday, May 13, 2022

Blood-Moon Punch


For the ice moon, freeze a mixture of orange juice and water in a bowl that's 8 inches in diameter. In a large punch bowl, gently stir together Concord-grape juice, ginger soda, seltzer, and fresh lime juice. To release the moon, dip the bottom of the frozen bowl in hot water until the ice starts to melt at the edges. Remove the bowl from the water and turn it onto a plate. Place the moon in the punch, flat-side up, and if desired, arrange candy bats on top.

Click below for the ingredients...

Thanks, Wren!  I am definitely going to modify this for a cocktail...  Dropping a large round ice ball of orange juice/bitters into a Black Manhattan.  Just trying to think of the appropriate name.  

13 comments:

Willow Cove said...

Oh yeah, that’s this weekend. Awesome!

Rot said...

Yup. I'm sure I'll complain Monday morning, but I intend to be watching that thing.

Wren said...

There is a Friday the 13th Part VIII joke here somewhere…

Rot said...

HAHA

The Lazarus (I had to google the plot and apparently that's the boat that Jason stows away on).

Nah..lousy name.

Wren said...

Manhattan runs red?

Rot said...

That's pretty good.
My mind keeps drifting to Muppets Take Manhattan.

Wren said...

Not spooky enough.

Rot said...

I dunno. My mother was always telling us how much she hated Miss Piggy for some reason. Like loathed. Like scary loathing.

Revenant Manor said...

There is already a 'Red Moon over Manahattan' cocktail...I wonder if this version could be the 'Blood Moon over Manhattan'

Rot said...

just googled it. I'd drink it!

2 oz. red wine
1/2 oz. bourbon
1/2 oz. simple syrup
1 large round ice sphere
2 gourmet maraschino cherries

Revenant Manor said...


Truth be told, I actually went right to the cabinet after typing that comment and got started on making one.

That kind of thing seems to happen a lot where bourbon is involved...

Wren said...

Oh, that sounds so good!!

Rot said...

Right?
Never had a cocktail with wine in it. I'm very intrigued.