Monday, August 15, 2022

The Kraken House

It seemed to be a sort of monster, or symbol representing a monster, of a form which only a diseased fancy could conceive. If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque and scaly body with rudimentary wings; but it was the general outline of the whole which made it most shockingly frightful.

H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu








Thanks, Wren!

7 comments:

Revenant Manor said...

Seeing this, I've decided that I would now like my house to sprout enormous tentacles and roam the countryside as the Lovecraftian version of Howl's Moving Castle.

Rot said...

haha

and I still wish I had a tentacle for a tongue.

Wren said...

That is a fun fact!

Rot said...

haha

MR. Macabre said...

That is beautiful, do you know where it's located? A huge Lovecraft fan.

Mr. Macabre

Rot said...

haha..click on my links!
the address is literally right there.

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Now that is awesome!!