Sunday, June 28, 2009

2004





This was the year I made two scarecrows for the contest: The Witch (the one hanging from the tree) and Johnny Appleseed. The contest ended AFTER Halloween, so I was supposed to leave them at the location of the contest Halloween night and pick them up the next day. So early on the morning of Halloween, I drove to steal my scarecrows. The judging had ended and I had already gotten my prize money checks in the mail. I didn't think anyone would mind. Well they did. I had a message on my machine threatening to take the money back!

How'd they know they weren't just stolen?

6 comments:

Jason-v said...

WOW!! They werent playing huh??!!

Rot said...

Nope. Scarecrow People are mean.

Rot said...

But the rules are the rules...and I broke em. : )

Sara said...

The Witches are so amazingly wicked-looking. I love these.

JHMDF said...

I really dig that last photo.

NecroBones said...

I suppose you could have yanked them for a few hours for the big night, gotten your photos and scared some kids, and then put them back. :)