Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend

Worked on props for the shop and the haunt this weekend. Didn't get a chance to shoot the Sentinels in an outdoor setting, but I'm confident I'll find a location this week.

The remaining prop work for the Corn Witch display is going great and I think it's my best work to date. It's really a three phase haunt this year. The Pumpkin Sentinels were the first phase. The second phase will be the Witches. The third is what I'm currently working on and the most involved. I'm thinking I'll probably be building props for the display right through October.

And I've decided that this year's scarecrow for the competition won't be used in my haunt, so I came up with a concept that will be just as off-putting as my other entries, but with a certain twist that I think MIGHT just get me first place : )

I'll have to start building him so I can make a teaser vid to announce his name.

Fun.


9 comments:

Bob said...

Hey Rot, when you do your haunt display, is it only on Halloween? It would be great if your local readers could see it up close and in person.

Also, I love the scarecrow competition at PV. It's my favorite place to go during the fall season. Best of luck with that!

Rot said...

Just a one-night event.

: )

NecroBones said...

Awesome, I can't wait to see how it all comes together. The pics you've posted so far look fantastic.

And uhm, 1st place? I hope you're not incorporating an egg or something... unless the scarecrow is eating it or rending it limb from limb, or burning it, or something. :)

ShellHawk said...

I can't wait!

Devon said...

I can't believe your scarecrows don't get first place every year! They are far better than any other (in the competition or otherwise). Best of luck this year!

Rot said...

Yeah, well, the public votes and they usually have small children with them.

And I always joked that the year I take first is the year I've lost my touch : )

Anonymous said...

there's that word again...."teaser".and we still have 4 months to go yet?! your next display sounds awesome!

i'm hoping to get to peddlers village this year. do you have any dates for this yet?

for 1st place, i think you should go around and burn all the other scarecrows......

Rot said...

Looks like it starts on Sept 7th this year. I just had a mini panic attack.

that's so soon.

JHMDF said...

You have won first every year in our eyes!