Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Haunt Life

Was talking about the early days of my Haunt (if you could call it that) with a fellow Haunter.  We had similar beginnings.  I think back on my earliest displays and it was more like a last minute guerilla art installation.  And "art" is hilariously inappropriate here.  As it looked more like someone forced me to decorate under threat of a violent death.  Imagine tossing rubber and plastic masks all over the lowest portion of a blue spruce and you'll get an idea of my exquisite artwork.


Some of the "better" early stuff is at THIS LINK, but we were talking about the super early stuff.  Thankfully there are photo albums of some of this stuff at my parents' house and I've been planning to go through those for YEARS to feature them here (similar to featuring my Pumpkin Head costume [a decade in the making]).  

So my friend and fellow Haunter sent the below photos and I thought they were absolutely amazing and full of Old School charm.  Literally everything that made me fall for Halloween (and then get into Haunting when I was too old to trick-or-treat) is found in these photos.  

(Important to note:  my early photos are NOTHING like this [so start lowering your expectations now])...












7 comments:

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Agreed! I love this stuff! Very vintage feel.

Haunted Eve said...

Really love some of those props in those photos. The vampire in the coffin is great. And really feeling that "ground breaker" devil with the rock circle around it.

Rot said...

Yeah. That vampire is something that would have been a religious experience to me as a kid. And The Ghost is INSANE.

Willow Cove said...

I miss those old school original bluckies. And Love the coffin vampire!

Nebulosus said...

These are fantastic, that last one is legit spooky!

Rot said...

Totally agree.

Tallulah said...

Really, not too bad. Definitely a vintage, but fun, feeling to the displays.