Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Samhain

This guy wore a cloak of creepy cloth that has been used in my Haunt for the last decade.  I use the cloth to hide the fog tube and other things which prop up some of my jack o'lanterns.  Leaves love to stick to creepy cloth, so it's the perfect netting for hiding stuff you don't want anyone to see.  Early on, I knew I wanted Samhain to have a dirty leaf-covered cloak, so I used the oldest piece I could find.  Smelly and filthy, and loaded with bits of dirt, sticks, and leaves.  


The cloak of a thousand Halloweens.

The concept sketch



10 comments:

Undeadpumpkinbread said...

I love this guy! He has a “what do YOU want?!” type scowl. I hoard creepy cloth, like an investment for my retirement fund. Such a quick, cheap way to elevate a prop/scene/or costume.

I could probably use some of that binding to help out with my own knee.

Rot said...

thanks!

Yeah...i have yards of the stuff and it shoots up in price every year. And the oriental trading company is currently out of it. Lame, as I need it.

Tworivers said...

Yea, as I said previously, he just looks disgusted! He's the pumpkin version of Jeff Dunhams "Walter" character. Lol

Cheesecloth dyed makes decent creepy cloth as does thick, cotton gauze works beautifully!!

Rot said...

haha. i had to google that reference!

Undeadpumpkinbread said...

I don’t know if you have Dollar Tree in your location, but when they start putting out Halloween decor, I have cleaned out the creepy cloth wrack in one go. You might even be able to order it by the case.

Rot said...

thanks. yup, we have those here.

Willow Cove said...

Love the sketch!

Rot said...

Thanks, WC

super quick one

Lady M said...

He's just beautiful - love his hands. Creepy cloth is great for getting shit to stick to it but never wash it - it shrinks!

Rot said...

Thanks!

I'd be AFRAID to wash those dirty things at this point!