Friday, November 19, 2021

The Buckaroo Banzai That Wasn't

Found this strange video a while ago when I was searching for the end credits track from the film Buckaroo Banzai.  Apparently it's from a pitch for a Buckaroo Banzai TV series.  And apparently it never happened.  


I feel like Buckaroo Banzai is like Cher:  You either love her or you hate her (I hate her [Same goes for Bette Midler]).  And I've never known anyone who was middle of the road for this film.  They either found it weird and dumb, or brilliant and something that stayed with them for life.  I'm in the latter camp.  

And the end credits sequence might just be the coolest end credits of any film ever.  Period.  (I'll post the end credits track below the Pitch Video.)

Click below for the pitch... 

















And click here for the end titles sequence...


4 comments:

The Gill-Man said...

I hate Cher (she sounds like a blue tick hound dog)

I like Bette Midler (okay, mainly because of Hocus Pocus)

I think Buckaroo Banzai is absolutely brilliant!!

Willow Cove said...

Just watched this the other day. My Favorite. I feel like a Saturday morning series would have been popular back in the 80’s .

Rot said...

I agree.

Revenant Manor said...

I consider myself an honorary Hong Kong Cavalier, and would very much like a new series right now (Saturday morning, or otherwise) ;)