Friday, November 12, 2021

Jackman's End

Featuring my good friend's wonderful Haunt was always such a great pleasure of mine.  Holy Tarra's The Haunted Slough (definitely click here) was always in a class all its own.  Rooted in organic elements, it always felt like I was looking at the work from an art designer who must have worked on films like LEGEND or LABYRINTH.  There was such a magic element to it all.  But also a very dark element that was perfect for a Halloween display.  Though calling it a display seems trite.


The Haunted Slough is no more.  Like the ending to one of those films where the kid wakes up in his bedroom in 1985 and thinks it was all just a dream.  

Well, it wasn't.  And here's Holy Tarra's Jackman's End.



























13 comments:

Revenant Manor said...


Exquisite, truly.

I'd have to agree that the word 'display' doesn't quite seem up to the task at hand.

However,it all seems so immersive and otherworldly that I also don't know what the right word would even be.

I suppose if one is at an actual loss for words, that says quite a lot all by itself...

Mike V. said...

The witch at the table of witch jars is phenomenal. I can only imagine the terrified trick or treaters not even wanting to approach her. Awesome.

Tworivers said...

Incredible....Beautifully organic.

Haunted Eve said...

Yet another haunt with amazing lighting.

Adam said...

Damn that stuff is beautiful

13Ghosts said...

BEAUTIFUL.
In love with what nature provides. I try to use tree branches as much as I can. Just wish I could get a hold of vines.

Lady M said...

Everything is so twisty and twiggy like it just grew right there. Beautifully done are these works of art.

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Very organic presentation. The lighting is dim and subtle in all the right places, very amazing setup!

Holy Tarra said...

Thanks so much, guys! I am fortunate to live in an area that is burgeoning with dead wood
and invasive vines...free materials on hand always. : )

Ragged Grin said...

Man this is a straight up art installation. Always a treat and always, always humbling. Absolutely gorgeous.

Willow Cove said...

That witch in the porch is terrifying! As a kid , I would not have walked up there.

Rot said...

Absolutely agree, WC. I’m not sure I would’ve made it to the porch as a child.

Nebulosus said...

Wowwwwww, totally stunning. Perhaps an odd choice of words on my part, but those figures seem so lifelike, in an undead sort of way. Brilliant work, beautiful lighting, it has everything. One of those haunts where I think to myself, "I want to live here."