Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Beistle: Vintage Reproductions

Nostalgia:  a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.


I always seem to forget that the Beistle company continues to sell low-cost paper decorations in the styles that have existed for decades.  Stuff I used to see from my school bus window.  Like that weird pumpkin-headed jointed goblin.  Back in the day, I actually remember seeing that one on my block and I recall feeling it was stupid and something that only an old person would purchase.  Same goes for the multi-colored skulls.  Not sure why, but I remember not being a fan of those.  And I was a kid who loved skulls and skeletons to a very bizarre level.

That's the nature of nostalgia though:  I love them now.  And I definitely cherish those memories, and just the fact that as a kid I was gawking out the window of that bus.  Always scanning for Halloween decorations.  And never realizing I wouldn't grow out of it.









12 comments:

Lady M said...

We had that jointed pumpkin goblin. My mother hung it on the door of my childhood home annually. It brings back such fabulous memories.

Samhain said...

If you head over to Creepy Co. They have some cool T-shirts, based off these images! You can literally wear your nostalgia on your sleeve! A cool pumpkin pillow too!
I always remember these in the hallways and around the borders of the chalkboards, in Elementary school! (Yeah I said Chalkboard!)None of this whiteboard, dry erase stuff! Dusting erasers was either punishment or a chance to kiss up to your favorite teacher! Ooof! Nostalgia!!!

Rot said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check it out.

Salem and Binx said...

These have become my favorite! I've been hanging these up the past couple of years for Halloween and it brings such nostalgic cheeriness to our place!

Rot said...

Love it!

Willow Cove said...

I love the haystack scarecrow.
We had the jack’o lanterns faces growing up.
Our mom hung a giant happy JOL on the door that was 3D/ thin mask- like plastic for years. It was so embarrassing!
Man, I would love to come across one now.

Rot said...

That's great!
If you ever find that one online, send me a link!


Ashy Slashy said...

We are fortunate enough to have a costume store that carries these every year and have collected some great decorations. Definitely a great nostalgic decoration that in my opinion is timeless!

Rot said...

Hey, that's really cool.

Revenant Manor said...

Beistle was essentially THE Halloween decoration backdrop of my youth.

The definition of holiday ubiquity; they were in our house, our neighbor's homes, cafeteria walls, and on every other classroom door...anymore, it's a tiny thrill just to actually stumble on one of those items in the wild.

Rot said...

SO true. These decorations were EVERYWHERE come the season.

Unknown said...

I love the old school Halloween decorations, lots of memories.

MR. Macabre