Sunday, August 26, 2012

Step Lanterns

The walk up to our porch is kinda dark. All night long last Halloween I was worried about kids tripping up or down the steps. I was kicking myself for not planning ahead.


We swung by a Big Lots today and they had some fun Halloween stuff out in the aisles. Located nearby were a bunch of tin and glass lanterns. $4 each, so we grabbed two to accent and light the danger zones this year on the walk to the porch.

A decent size too. Those are tea lights inside (they come with cintronella votives).

7 comments:

Autumnleaf said...

Nice!!!

Willow Cove said...

Yeah, i picked up the same lantern at Big lots too. I'm into nautical lanterns lately. If I have time, I might wire it to hold a flicker bulb. But if not, it will look good with a votive.

MorbidMariah said...

I also grabbed some of these a few weeks ago. $4 a pop for a great looking lantern.

Wikkedmoon said...

Target has some lanterns on sale for $2.88. They have white ones and black ones. The white ones could be spray painted. The look to be about the same size as these.

Grim said...

I love lanterns... those are awesome, especially for $4!

Johnny Love said...

These are a great bargain. We picked up about a dozen last year and aged them to hang around the bayou.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151020743766410&set=a.10151020743156410.480696.181734846409&type=3&theater

Rot said...

Johnny,
That looks GREAT.

Love what you did. I was thinking of dirtying them up as well. Probably with some cheese cloth dipped in glue.