Sunday, April 17, 2022

Passover Cocktails For Each Of The Ten Plagues

This seems like a really neat goal:  Commit to making every single one of these Plague Cocktails.  

Here are some of the more interesting ones...

Plague 1: Blood
Cocktail: Red Nile

Ingredients:
2 oz potato vodka
4 oz tomato juice
1/2 oz lemon juice
1 oz Arak
1 tsp white horseradish
6 drops Texas Pete
3 drops Fee Brothers Old Fashioned Cocktail Bitters (no corn syrup)
Dash salt
Dash pepper
Carrot stick for garnish


Plague 2: Frogs
Cocktail: Paris in April

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz Cognac
1 oz green Chartreuse
1/2 oz Grand Marnier
4 oz Perrier


Plague 4: Beasts
Cocktail: Zion King

Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz fig brandy
1 1/2 oz non-grain spirits gin
2 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
3/4 oz Chambord


Plague 8: Locusts
Cocktail: Desert Swarm

Ingredients:
2 oz white rum
1 oz non-grain spirits gin
1 oz RW Knudsen Organic Pear Juice
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz fresh egg white
1/2 oz Domino Organic Blue Agave Syrup
2 dashes Fee Brothers Orange Bitters (no corn syrup)
Club soda (preferably fresh-made SodaStream)
Fresh parsley for garnish


Plague 10: Slaying of the first born
Cocktail: Pharaoh’s Lament

Ingredients:
4 1/2 oz very dry sparkling wine
1 oz absinthe
2 dashes Fee Brothers Orange Bitters
Lemon wedge
Kosher salt

Thanks, Wren!  
My mini-bar won't know what's happening.



14 comments:

Rot said...

And my choice to use Pink as the color for the last plague cocktail feels really wrong.

Wren said...

I'll have a Pharaoh's Lament, please!

Rot said...

haha
That one DOES sound really nice.

Wren said...

You should organize a block party, where each house is a different plague, with a different cocktail.....

Rot said...

That would be the neatest block party ever.
I'd be in a coma by the fourth plague. But I'd push on.

It's actually a really great concept. And I'd be wondering the entire time about the tenth plague and what I was going to find at that house.

I would dress appropriately and theatrically. Think The Masque of the Red Death.




Rot said...

Meanwhile it's a summer block party and I'm in costume.

Wren said...

Which plague would you choose? I would choose Vermin due to being a lazy bartender, haha

Rot said...

Haha...shortest drink recipe ever.

I'd stay away from Plague One and the Plague that requires egg whites. Though I think I wouldn't trust anyone else to put egg into my cocktail. But not enough to volunteer to make em.

I'd go with Frogs... Lots of green lights, swamp sounds, chilled fog. And I'd probably make some big mache frogs.

Willow Cove said...

The frog plague can have those large gummy frogs in the drink.
The hail one can be a large chunk of dry ice…

Rot said...

Agreed!
You just volunteered for Hail, bro.

Lady M said...

We are going to have Sangria - I suppose I can call that plague 1 - blood. It's a fabulous idea to have plague cocktails.

Rot said...

That is a fine choice (I speak with no Easter authority whatsoever).

Wren said...

I approve of this block party!

Rot said...

It was a solid idea.
Imagine trying to explain this concept to neighbors? haha