Saturday, April 16, 2022

B&W Samhain

I love this guy.  And apparently (and thankfully), he was quite the hit with parents and trick-or-treaters last year.  More photos were taken by people of this prop than in any other year.  I think it was his smile?

I have a feeling it was the Traditional nature of the Haunt...a pumpkin-headed cloaked figure, standing over an iron cauldron hemorrhaging green [incense] smoke.  It was funny to see small children posing next to him as their parents snapped away.  Samhain didn't seem to mind.  Though he didn't seem happy either.  It's his way.

I'd like to say I learned a lesson from all of this.  That this year's display will be a photo opportunity.  But I'm thinking it's going to be just the opposite.  

We shall see...



10 comments:

Sara said...

Looking forward to this year’s haunt. :)

Rot said...

The build is going very well. : )

Samhain said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!!! THIS MUCH IS TRUE,AND IT WAS MY "SMILE" THAT MADE THE PARENTS BEGUILED! AND THE CHILDREN SWOON, UNDER CRESCENT MOON! NEVER DOUBT THE TRADITIONS OF THIS MOST SACRED NIGHT! FOR THIS YEARS BUILD, WILL CONJURE GREAT FRIGHT!

Rot said...

Haha...that is a riot!

Lady M said...

Perhaps Samhain was more accesible than previous haunts? But I expect this years haunt to be very exciting. No pressure there from your adoring public.

Rot said...

haha I'm up for the challenge... : )

Willow Cove said...

Have an air horn or siren by the prop. =o

Rot said...

haha

Mike C(JASONV123) said...

Love this shot, and the work! Can't wait to see what you have in store!

Rot said...

Thanks!
It should be a neat year.