Monday, March 28, 2022

But The Water Pressure Is Great

In use, the cleaver is swung like a meat tenderizer or hammer – the knife's design relies on sheer momentum to cut efficiently; to chop straight through rather than slicing in a sawing motion. Part of the momentum derives from how hard the user swings the cleaver, and the other part from how heavy the cleaver is. Because of this, the edge of a meat cleaver does not need to be particularly sharp – in fact, a knife-sharp edge on a cleaver is undesirable.

Image source.

5 comments:

broevil said...

Apparently I should be using a cleaver... I am terrible at keeping my knives sharp.

Rot said...

Same... I've literally never sharpened a knife in all my years.

broevil said...

Wait...what? Never? Man I feel better. I'll have to tell my Mom next time she tries to shame me about my dull knives :D

Rot said...

Literally never. haha

Lady M said...

Well that was very educational. I however do not own a clever so won't be applying this knowledge any time soon.